La Center School DistrictStudents - Learning - Excellence
Director District Boundary Changes Proposed
May 4, 2022
Every ten years, after each U.S. Census is completed, school districts must review the boundaries of their board of director districts to ensure equitable geographic representation La Center School District is divided into five geographic regions or districts, one for each board seat. Candidates for school board must run for the seat of the director district they live in. By creating five equal director districts, geographic diversity is ensured on the school board. Each position is elected by all district voters, so each of the five directors represents the entire district in their board actions.
The district contracted with Sammamish Data Systems to develop a proposal for new director district boundaries based on the latest census data. Since the last realignment of director districts, there has been a substantial shift in population growth.
The proposed new director district boundaries would balance these populations so that all five districts would have approximately 1915 residents.
A public hearing on this proposal will be held at the May 24, 2022 school board meeting, which begins at 7:00 p.m. Current maps are available on the district website, www.lacenterschools.org/BOARD/ABOUTLCSD (scroll to the bottom of page).
Proposed redistricting maps and information are linked here.
Legal Description is linked here.
The board will take public comment at the hearing and may adopt the resolution pending receipt of comments at the May 24, 2022 board meeting.
NOW HIRING SUBSTITUTES! APPLY NOW!
Applications are now being accepted for the upcoming 2022/2023 school year on the employment page of our website. All applicants must undergo a thorough screening process.
- Certificated Substitutes – Individuals who hold current, valid Washington State teaching certificates are encouraged to apply today!
- Emergency Substitute Teachers – Do you currently have a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution? Would you like to substitute in a classroom setting? You may submit an Emergency Substitute application through our website! Our district will then request a certificate on your behalf!
- Classified Substitutes/Paraeducators – Paraeducator substitutes are always needed! You must provide proof of high school graduation or equivalent AND a minimum of 72 quarter or 48 semester credits at the 100 level or higher from an accredited institution OR successfully complete the ETS ParaPro Assessment offered by the State.
- Food Service Substitutes – High School diploma or equivalent and a food handler’s card.
All substitute applicants must provide proof of fingerprinting through ESD 112, specified training with Vector Solutions (SafeSchools), completed new hire paperwork and undergo a thorough background check.
I want to...
- Access Skyward
- Find a job with LCSD
- Get information about the new middle school
- Get transcripts
- Know when school is closed for weather
- Put money on my food service account
- Register a New or Returning Student
- Register or see schedules for Athletics & Activities
- Register with KWRL or see bus schedules
- See lunch and breakfast menus
- Sign up for the ASK (After School Kids) Program
- Use a school building/field