New Student Registration - La Center School District
ATTENTION! IMMUNIZATION RULES
WA State schools must collect immunization records that comply with immunization rules.
- Must be up to date on immunizations to attend school or in conditional status if not up to date – or-
- Must have valid exemptions prior to the first day of classes.
- All new immunization records from students need to be medically verified.
- There will no longer be a 30 day grace period to provide immunization records.
ATTENTION! Annual Notifications to Parents
State and Federal Law mandates that certain information be made available to parents, students and/or community members on an annual basis. It is the intent of the La Center School District to comply with all such laws in a way that is both easily accessible and cost effective for our stakeholders. These notifications are emailed to parents at the beginning of each school year. All required notifications and information may also be accessed on this website in the link provided: Annual Notifications
New and returning students who live within La Center School District boundaries are registered online. Follow the instructions below to register your student.
For families new to the district, you will need to request a login and password for the Skyward system. Please click the button below to register for a login and password:
Once you have submitted the information for an account, you will receive an email with your login and password and a link to log in to the Skyward system. Once logged in, choose the New Student Online Enrollment tab on the left to enroll your student(s). You will be asked to complete a questionnaire with current address and other information. Please have required documentation (see below) ready to upload to complete the registration.
A youtube video explaining the process is linked here.
For families that already have Skyward access in the La Center District, log into Skyward using this link: Skyward You will need your current login and password.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT
Print the forms below, fill out and scan and submit electronically on the Skyward system. If you are not able to scan and/or attach, you may bring copies of these documents to your child’s school after completing the online registration.
EACH DOCUMENT MUST BE SCANNED AND UPLOADED SEPARATELY ONTO SKYWARD
- Legal Birth Certificate– must be a state-issued birth certificate. If you do not have one and your student was born in the state of Washington, visit the Washington State Department of Health for more information on obtaining one. To register for kindergarten, children must turn 5 by September 1 of the school year.**
- Residency Verification Declaration Form (SP) (RU) – (with 2 supporting documents-scan and save each item separately)
- Student Records Request Form (SP) (RU)
- Student Housing Questionnaire (SP) (RU)
- Student Health History Form (SP) (RU) – Students with life-threatening health conditions will need an Individualized Health Plan before starting school.
- Family Emergency Plan (SP) (RU)
- Authorization for Administration of Medication (SP) (RU)- Only for students that require medication (prescription or over the counter) to be administered during the school day.
- Home Language Survey (SP) (RU) (Other Languages)
- Certificate of Immunization Status (SP) (RU) or Certificate of Exemption(SP)(RU) A completed form must be on file with the school office before a student can attend school. For more information on required vaccines, visit the Washington State Department of Health website. This website offers MyIR for secure online management of family immunization records including access to print your child’s CIS.
- For students with a custody order, parenting plan or restraining order currently in effect, legal papers must be provided to the school office.
**For more information on age qualifications and placement, see policy 3110.
For questions regarding registration, please contact the school that your child will attend.
Grades P-5 La Center Elementary School 360-263-2134
Grades 6-8 La Center Middle School 360-263-2136
Grades 9-12 La Center High School 360-263-1700
Home School Academy, Ruth Schrock 360-263-2131 ext. 2130*
*To enroll in the Home School Academy, please contact Ruth Schrock before completing online enrollment.