Did you know that you must take action to actively waive or enroll in SEBB benefits by November 15, 2019? Yes, even if you enrolled in or waived coverage at the start of the year, you still must take action on your SEBB benefits.
Here are the required steps you need to take:
1. Get started by establishing your SEBB My Account Login
2. Add your eligible dependents and upload documentation to prove their eligibility
3. Complete the tobacco use and spousal coverage surcharge attestations
4. Waive or enroll in an available medical plan
5. Enroll in dental and vision insurance (required)
6. Enroll in optional benefits of your choosing (not required)
6. Review and print your Coverage Elections and retain for your records
Complete directions for SEBB My Account and information on the available plans are available in the Initial Enrollment Guide mailed to your home address in September (or you may visit the link provided.
If you do not take action by November 15th, you will be:
1. Defaulted into the UMP Achieve 1 medical plan (with a $33 monthly premium)
2. Defaulted into Uniform Dental Plan, MetLife Vision Plan, and basic life, basic AD&D, and basic LTD as a single subscriber.
3. Your dependents will not be enrolled.
4. You will also pay the $25 tobacco use premium surcharge in addition to your monthly medical premiums.
If you need assistance, please let me know. I have set aside these dates and times specifically for providing assistance with SEBB:
Late Start Wednesdays (Oct 30, Nov 6, Nov 13) – 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Monday-Thursday after school (3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m)., every day except
November 5th & 14th
Please let me know if you plan to drop by, so I can schedule a dedicated time to assist you.